For the past several decades, individuals, families, and corporations from around the world have been giving to Sri Navadwipa Parikrama at ISKCON Mayapur. We always welcome donations, both financial and in-kind, to help us with our mission. No donation is too small.
About 10,000 devotees from around the world attend Sri Navadwipa Mandala Parikrama every year during Gaura-purnima. Over the last 48 years of the parikrama, several hundreds of thousands (lakhs) of devotees have attended and received the blessings of Lord Sri Gauranga. A large portion of the parikrama expense has been covered by your generous donations and have allowed us to offer subsidized parikrama registration fees.
Krishna Book, Chapter 81: “What the devotee actually offers the Lord is not needed by the Lord, for He is self-sufficient. If the devotee offers something to the Lord, it acts for his own interest because whatever a devotee offers the Lord comes back in a quantity a million times greater than what was offered. One does not become a loser by giving to the Lord; one becomes a gainer by millions of times.”
Bhagavad-Gita (18.5) “Acts of sacriﬁce, charity and penance are not to be given up; they must be performed. Indeed, sacriﬁce, charity and penance purify even the great souls.”
Your donation makes possible the following:
- Prasadam: purchase and transport of groceries, cooking equipment and supplies, cooking and serving of sumptuous breakfast, lunch, and dinner snack prasadam to parikrama pilgrims.
- Overnight stay facilities during parikrama: clearing of lands, procurement of construction materials, construction labor, erection of structures, toilets, water, pumps, electricity, security, janitorial services, etc.
- Transportation: transportation of parikrama devotees by boats when crossing rivers; morning and evening bus service to the starting and ending points of daily parikrama for pilgrims staying at the Mayapur temple, and transportation of speakers.
- Preparation of sites: clearing of holy sites for visitation of parikrama devotees.
- Donations: Donations towards upkeep of ancient temples and places of pastimes of the Lord Gauranga and His associates.
- Support for Parikrama Volunteers: prasadam, transportation, and basic maintenance needs of hundreds of volunteering devotees.
- Miscellaneous: sound systems, communication, office supplies, printing, accounting, registration management, etc.
We are a charitable institution under Section 80G of Income-Tax Act 1961 engaged in propagating the teachings of Lord Chaitanya and all your donations are tax exempt.
Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has said that by performing Navadvipa Mandala Parikrama, the whole world will be liberated.