The word Godrumadvipa comprises of following words: Go (meaning cow), Druma (tree) and Dvipa (meaning island). Surabhi cow had performed penances under a banyan tree. Hence the island derives its name from this incident. This island represents the Kirtanam (chanting the holy names of the Lord) aspect of devotional service. This place is also called Gadigacha by the localites. Read More…
Route: Harihara-ksetra to Namisharanya (Brahmanagar)
- Total Distance to cover: 12 km
- Starts at: Harihara-ksetra @ 6.00 a.m.
- Breakfast: at ISKCON Bhaktivedanta Arogya Ashram
- Overnight: at Naimisharanya (Brahmanagar)
- Route subject to change
Holy Places to visit:
- Gauradaha Read More..
- Svananda Sukhada Kunja: Gaura Gadadhara Temple, residence and Samadhi of Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura. Read More…
- Bhajan Kutir of Gaurakishora dasa Babaji Maharaja.
- Samadhi Mandir of Krsnadasa Babaji (Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakur’s dear servant).
- Surabhi Kunja: Lord Indra came with Surabhi and worshipped Lord Caitanya to seek pardon for his offense (it happened in Dvapara Yuga). Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura started the head office of the Nama-hatta preaching program here. Read More…
- ISKCON Bhaktivedanata Arogya Asrama with deities of Jagannatha, Baladeva, Subhadra and Sri Gaura Nitai.
- Hamsa vahana. Read More…
- Namisharanya. Read More…
- Gomati River.